Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

HERBS AND SPICES


Have you noticed how expensive herbs and spices are to buy. The fresh ones are the worst which is ridiculous as they are so easy to grow.

Granted they don't grow all year round but if you grow enough it is easy to dehydrate them and bottle them up.

At the end of the season put into a food saver for topping up your jars when you run low.

Of course the packets in the supermarket aren't too bad in price but the herbs always seem to be crushed  into a powder. Probably from being handled too often.

I opened one and compared it to some I had done myself and the difference was incredible.

Not only was my colour more intense but so was the aroma. 

Not to mention the fact that mine were nice and healthy flakes compared to the powdery mix in the packets.

Why don't you give it a go.

One of the things that has been driving me crazy is my spice cupboard. Everything was piled on top of each other and I had to pull everything out to find what I was looking for.

I finally decided how I wanted it to look and this is what I did.

After pulling them all out I'm putting everything into new containers and labelling them.


This is what I started with. I had two shelves like this






Lime for herbs and red for spices

And a new home in the drawer

With their little hats on I wont have any problems finding what I need now. 

Now to finish the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...