Pages

Thursday 30 March 2017

BOILED PINEAPPLE FRUIT CAKE

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I just get cravings and off I go and buy something to tide me over. ( might have something to do with why my weight goes up and down like a yoyo) 

One of the things I have promised myself is to live simply and stop buying for the sake of it. This also goes for my sweet tooth. If I really want it I can. I just have to make it. No more dashing off to the shops for a quick fix. Unless I run out of ingredients but I must buy the ingredients. .
I used to bake all the time but like a lot of things it took a back seat to life and it became something I  did when I had people over.

Well the other night I really fancied a piece of cake, actually a piece of fruit cake. I took a look through the pantry and decided that I had what I needed. Below is the recipe I used, It is so easy to make and is a favourite of ours.

Boiled Pineapple Fruit Cake
2 cups mixed fruit                 113g (4 oz ) butter
1 cup sugar                           1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp mixed spiced                1 can (450 gr ) crushed pineapple
1 cup plain flour                     1 cup S.R. flour
2 well beaten eggs

Place mixed fruit, butter, sugar, mixed spice, bicarb, and pineapple into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add flour, S.R. flour and eggs.Stir until combined. If still very wet add a little more S.R. flour.
Place in baking dish and bake in a moderate oven (180 deg ) for 30 to 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

If mixture is very wet place alfoil over top to  reduce browning. 
Enjoy

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...