Pages

Tuesday 21 March 2017

A SIMPLE MENU PLAN

There's no doubt about it. A menu plan takes the hassle out of what your going to eat every night. If your anything like me though it all becomes too hard when I'm deciding what to eat and which night and all the ingredients I need.

i personally have a few meals that I like to cook over a 4 week period. They use a lot of the same ingredients which means I'm not buying fancy stuff that only gets used once or twice and then goes in the bin.

Weekly Menu
When I shop for meats it's the same nearly every fortnight depending what's on special. My vegies don't really change that much depending on if it's winter or summer. I find that I don't have a lot of wastage because it's all food that I eat and I change what I do with the food to keep it interesting enough that I don't feel like I'm eating the same meals week in week out.

One thing I really don't like is complicated menu planning.  Breakfast and lunch is a hit and miss affair in this house so I cant see the point in planning anything for those meals. Dinner is the only one that I want to worry about.

Each Sunday night I check out what meat is left in the freezer, scribble it down, decide what nights I want for these meats ( I like to rotate my nights....chicken, meat, fish ) then decide what meals I'm going to make with them. It doesn't take long and I can tart the meals up into something different each week while still buying the same meat. Less thinking for me.

Eg. Chicken over 4 weeks
  • Roast Chicken
  • Chicken Stir fry ( pulled apart from left over roast the week before
  • Devilled Chicken Marylands
  • Honey and Mustard  Chicken Marylands
I have a Menu planner on my pantry door in an A4 frame with glass on it. I write a short version of the meal for each night on it with a whiteboard marker and I'm done. It wipes off with paper towel easily.

The best bit is that it reminds me to actually get the meat out the freezer the night before haha.


Here is a PDF that you can download and print off that I've used from the Orchard Girls website that I found. Weekly Meal Planner

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...