Pages

Wednesday 3 May 2017

WINTER COMFORTS

I don't like winter. It's being cold that gets to me. You know how it is. If your feet get cold your whole body gets cold.

It's not the rain ( god knows we need it ) or the storms. I actually love it when it thunders and lightening lights up the sky. I just don't like being cooped up inside.


But there's a bonus with these wintry days and nights. Comfort food. What can I say. I'm a sucker  for all winter meals.


There's nothing like curling up on the couch, reading a book, heater going and the delicious smell of  cooking wafting through the house. Stews and slow cooking, roasts and apple pies. Picking up the knitting or craft work and the seductive rhythm that comes from within. 


Winter is a time for slowing down. Reflecting on how far you've come and the road ahead. Making new plans and adjusting others. All of which I'm doing myself.


 I'm looking forward to spring, sunshine and the busyness that comes with it but will make the most of this time while I can. I still don't like being cold. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...